Pottery Class Singapore
Unleash your creativity with Pottery Classes Singapore – an amazing way to improve your skills and have fun! Whether you’re a beginner or an advanced potter, there is something for everyone to enjoy here.
Learn all about the different classes available, the equipment needed, and get tips on how to choose the best one for you.
Pottery classes can also be a great team building activity in Singapore for colleagues to bond over. Get ready to shape and mold beautiful works of art at these excellent workshops!
Consideration Factors When Choosing A Pottery Class Singapore
- Types Of Pottery Classes: Get creative with Pottery Classes Singapore! From pottery wheel classes to painting and even studios for both beginners and experienced potters – this is the perfect way to learn a new craft. Whether it’s learning the basics of how to use a wheel, to creating complex Shapes or painting unique artworks – there’s something for everyone. Start your journey into pottery today!
- What You Will Learn: Take your pottery skills to the next level in Pottery Classes Singapore! From mastering the basics of working with clay to understanding the firing, glazing, and finishing processes – you can learn it all here. Engage in instructional and hands-on activities with experts for 2-3 hours and gain valuable knowledge about wedging clay, centering your wheel, and handbuilding techniques. Get to know this unique craft today!
- What Kind Of Equipment You Will Need: Ready to get your hands dirty with some pottery? Make sure you have the essentials for Pottery Classes Singapore – including a pottery wheel, clay, and tools! Some studios may provide all of this for you, but it is always best to double check and be prepared. Bring a pottery brush, sponge, and even a wheel bat and get creative. Unleash the potter within you!
- Tips On Choosing The Right Class: No matter your current level of pottery experience, Pottery Classes Singapore has something for you! Beginners can opt for a class focused on basics such as slab making or coil building, while experienced potters can find more advanced classes that cover wheel work and the skills needed to craft your own containers. Unleash your creative potential today with the perfect class for you!
Now that you know what to look out for, here are The Best Pottery Classes in Singapore!
Best Pottery Class Singapore
1. The Potters’ Guilt
|Cosy Pottery Making Classes, OTOT Program For Alumni, Glazes Available For Purchase
|195 Pearl’s Hill Terrace, #01-03, Singapore 168976
|Contact for more information
Unleash your creativity at The Potters’ Guilt – a homely and well-equipped ceramics workshop! Let the professional practicing artists help guide you to the best version of yourself. Host your next team building in Singapore here, or simply come down for some creative fun during Own Time Own Target (OTOT) sessions. Choose from different packages, with prices starting from $55 per hour, and finish off your pottery creations with beautiful glazes like AMACO Potter’s Choice, Celadon, Satin Matte, or Shino. Experience something unique today!
- A collective of passionate, creative individuals who strive to create something special by hand came together and created this organization. Together, they share the joy that comes from creating with their own two hands
- Their Pottery classes provide an exciting and creative opportunity for both youngsters and adults alike
- The OTOT Programme offers alumni the opportunity to keep honing their skills and advancing their knowledge
Very patient, helpful and knowledgeable instructors. Quaint pretty studio. Enjoyed the session and experience!
|2 Pereira Rd, 2ConnecTT@TS, #05-02A, Singapore 368024
|Closed on Monday & Thursday
Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday
10am – 4pm
7pm – 9pm
Let your creativity flow at Urth & Phire Ceramics Studio – founded by a serious artist, this studio specializes in ceramic tile murals and sculptures. Aiming to provide an inspiring and peaceful environment, the workshop encourages you to explore new techniques with ancient pottery. Seasoned potters can take part in the studio practice package to continue their art as a hobby after courses. Book a slot whenever you want with the flexible scheduling system that works around you!
- Stimulates participants to explore new and innovative techniques when crafting pottery
- They offer a complimentary trial lesson to allow you to experience and determine if our program is right for your commitment
- Take control of your lessons with a highly customizable booking system built for you
- Their lessons are limited to only 8 students, ensuring personalized instruction for each individual
Attended a trial class on a weekend by Alvin. He was really patient in guiding through the steps of moulding the clay. Studio was very bright and clean, nice fresh smell too. Location quite near the MRT. Would go again soon! Recommended for dates or groups of friends!
3. Padme Hum Studio
|Pottery Class for Individuals and/or Groups, Team-building Workshops for Corporates, Workshops for Special Needs Children, Customized Orders for Customers
|1090 Lower Delta Road, #04-15, Singapore 169201
|(+65) 8611 4613
|Monday & Tuesday: Closed / Wednesday-Friday: 9am-3pm / Saturday: 8am-3.30pm / Sunday: 2.30pm-5.30pm
At Padme Hum Studio, their mission is to spread magic through ceramic art and foster imagination and creativity in their spacious studio. Participants can create beautiful pieces of art or find their own special piece on a blank canvas – with the world as your oyster. Through pottery, which is both an artful expression and incredibly gratifying experience, explore your strength through self-reflection. With a young community providing an educational branch and support system for visitors, indulge yourself in creativity today!
- Their classes are intimate, cozy and informal so you can freely express yourself artistically and create your own individualized masterpiece
- Their team crafts exclusive, made-to-order designs for our clients that are truly one of a kind
- They only utilize sustainable materials for our products and classes, ensuring that we’re taking care of our environment
4. Sam Mui Kuang Pottery
|Wheel Pottery Courses, Hand Building Classes
|22, Jalan Kelulut Off Yio Chu Kang Road, Singapore 809039
|Monday to Friday:
9.30am to 1.30pm
9.30am to 6pm
10am to 2pm
Closed on Public Holiday.
Since its inception, Sam Mui Kuang Pottery has been offering pottery classes and workshops for all ages and skill levels. Located in Singapore’s central region of South Bridge Road, take a short walk from the CBD to learn from Master Potters Lim Teck Kiong, Lim Chai Ling and Rosaline Cheah-Tan. Wheel throwing, hand building and glazing sessions are available along with special weekend workshops. Join their weekly events to experience the unique Japanese clay working technique known as Raku – similar to a tea ceremony – while creating something special!
- Nestled in close proximity to the heart of the city, our location is perfect for those seeking convenience
- Exciting happenings every seven days
- Whether you’re a novice or an expert, this pottery class is perfect for everyone
Signed up for a course there and I must say I’ve learned a lot. The Instructors were very welcoming and willing to answer my repeated questions.
5. Ves Studio
|Pottery courses, Pottery products, Collaboration with brands
|75 Jalan Kelabu Asap, Singapore 278268
Make your way to Ves Studio, nestled in the serene Chip Bee Gardens and immerse yourself in a paradise for ceramic lovers! With pottery classes and workshops from just $300, it’s no wonder why this studio is beloved by locals. After you’ve fired up your creativity, treat yourself to some of the charming food havens close by – perfect for ending a fun day out!
- Get a deal on multiple weeks of Pottery courses – rates that won’t break the bank
- Unlock New Possibilities with their Open User Scheme
- Whether you are a beginner or an expert, there is a suitable course to match your abilities and requirements
I’ve taken pottery classes and been part of the open studio community for over 4 years now – Jean is a great teacher and is always ready to share and guide. The community here is also really supportive and I have made great friends here! Highly recommend the courses if you are looking to get your hands dirty 🤗
6. Common Touch Craft
|Pottery Class, Corporate Events & Bespoke Gifts
|Burghley Lifestyle Hub 45 Burghley Drive, #01-08
|12pm – 9pm
Closed on Mon & Wed
Unleash your creativity and explore the joy of pottery with Common Touch Craft! They offer pottery workshops and classes for all ages, even those with little to no experience. Enjoy a vibrant art-creating experience, from learning how to throw on a potter’s wheel to hand-building your own creations. Each workshop is 2-3 hours long and materials and tools will be provided – join and discover the therapeutic effect of making something special with clay!
- From novice clay-crafters to those with more experience, their pottery courses are designed for individuals of all ages and skill levels
- An invigorating journey of artistic expression
- Expand your creativity with a wide array of pottery-making courses, such as wheel throwing and ceramic hand building
Good teachers, very friendly and approachable. Family friendly. Enjoyed our session!
7. Bethel Pottery by Studio MC
|Pottery Classes, “Build Your Own” Kits
|2 Everton Park, #01-59A, Singapore 081002
|Closed on Monday
Tuesday & Sunday
11.30am – 2.30pm
Wednesday – Saturday
11.30am – 6.30pm
Visit Bethel Pottery and relax as you watch your pottery piece take shape. With insightful stories, inspiring art, and motivational ideas all in one place, it’s no wonder why this charming studio is so popular! Experienced craftsman and talented teacher on-board will ensure you learn the tricks of the trade – pick from a single session for $90 or discounted packages. There is also a “build your own” pottery set available for those interested in creating something special. Oh, and did we mention Bethel Pottery’s large-scale pieces can be found at NUH, ITE Headquarters, Woodlands MRT station, and other locations?
- Their Arts Program is spearheaded by an award-winning aficionado whose work has been commissioned for premier buildings, featured in exhibitions, and showcased at numerous school presentations
- Whether you prefer individual instruction or a more comprehensive program, they provide an extensive selection of courses to suit your needs
- Personal “Build Your Own” Pottery Set available
Excellent instruction by master potter Robert (Min), who patiently goes through the fundamental techniques and skills, guiding students through the process so that even first-timers can jump straight into the craft. Comfortable space with lots of beautiful works by teacher and students past and present on display.
8. Thow Kwang Pottery Jungle
|Pottery Workshop, Wholesale Pottery Retails (in-house & online), Tour of Singapore’s Historical Dragon Kiln, Made in Singapore Products & Wood-fired Products by Singapore’s Potters
|85 Lorong Tawas Singapore 63982
|9am – 5pm Daily (including PH except Chinese New Year)
Take a step back in time at Thow Kwang Pottery Jungle and explore Singapore’s oldest surviving dragon kiln, built in 1940. The Tan family specialize in mass-produced pottery wares, but also offer import/export services, wholesale pottery retail (in house and online), as well as workshops for all ages – from schools to individual! And don’t forget to join them for their traditional dragon kiln firing every once or twice a year.
- Unleash your creative side and explore the art of pottery making in our inspiring workshop
- Shop wholesale pottery at unbeatable prices
- Proudly Possessing Singapore’s Most Resilient Dragon Kiln
Had a really fun and instructive pottery wheel class with TC, who is an awesome instructor. Definitely a unique place in Singapore with history and ambiance. Reserve some time to explore the grounds and all the pottery on display. The dragon kiln is super impressive!
9. The 8TH FLOOR Creative Space – Wheel Throwing
|Personalised pottery course, Wheel throwing to create household ceramics
|37 Lorong 23 Geylang, #08-03 Yu Li Industrial Building, Singapore 388371
|Contact for more information
Unleash your creativity at The 8th Floor Creative Space! As the only studio in Singapore to specialize in heavily personalised pottery programs, their experts track each step of student integration and tailor it to match your learning rate. Immerse yourself in the world of ceramics with wheel throwing classes and learn how to make decorative plates, bowls, and planters. It’s a great way to pick up new skills (and have lots of fun!) while creating your own bowls, pots, and plates.
- In this workshop, attendees will master the art of wheel throwing to craft beloved ceramics for any home
- Embrace your creative side with a personalised pottery course tailored to your individual needs
- Create and craft beautiful, handmade ceramic pieces with your friends – a great way to have fun together while making something unique
I have been doing pottery classes here for over 6 months now. It has by far been the best experience of learning a new creative talent in a space that is airy and friendly. Alvin has been the best teacher and more than that. he is patient, goes over technical points over, gets you to continuously improve your skills and encouraging. I love coming here. The equipment is good, and the class progresses on to various skill improvement objectives. Come here if you are serious to learn, have fun and growing in learning a new skill.
10. Am I Addicted | Korean Pottery Studio
|Pottery Classes, Open Studio Rental, Team Bonding & Corporate Event
|181 Orchard Road #05-37, Orchard Central 238896
|+(65) 8852 3370 (WhatsApp)
|Tuesday – Sunday 10am – 9pm / Monday 10am – 7pm
Get creative at this expansive studio and discover the craft of ceramics alongside a welcoming community of artists! Learn from experienced professionals and enjoy delicious vegan Korean dishes or an energizing ginseng smoothie or americano at the end of your pottery session. Classes start from $80 per person – join us today and get crafting!
- Delight in a vast selection of captivating Pottery classes at budget-friendly prices
- An expansive selection of 130 distinctive glaze colors and 6 varieties of imported Korean clay for your choosing
- They welcome guests of all ages to join us, from kids celebrating their birthday parties to corporate groups enjoying private events
This is the very first time for me and my sister on pottery class, and we both really love it so much. Thanks to Grace for the 2 hours fun time, she taught and explained to us very patiently. We are really “addicted on pottery making”. Definitely will came back for the wheel throwing class. ❤❤
Pottery Class Singapore
Discover a new creative outlet with pottery classes in Singapore! Explore the basics of using a pottery wheel or hand-building techniques, and find an activity that offers relaxation or encourages self-expression. With experienced instructors and courses for all levels, pottery classes are perfect for team building in Singapore as well as individual growth. Make the most of this fantastic opportunity to learn a new skill and unleash your inner artist – try pottery classes in Singapore today!
Want more interesting topics to read? Check out some of our other interesting and useful articles below:
- Ultimate Guide To Pottery Singapore (2024)
- Best Pottery Workshops In Singapore (2024)
- Best Workshops In Singapore (2024)
- Best Team Building Workshops In Singapore (2024)
- Best Team Building Activities In Singapore (2024)
- Ultimate Guide To Team Building In Singapore (2024)
- Best Team Bonding Activities In Singapore (2024)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
If you have any questions about pottery classes in Singapore, you can refer to the frequently asked questions (FAQ) about the best pottery classes in Singapore below:
What Are Pottery Classes In Singapore?
Pottery classes in Singapore are usually conducted in a place where there are studios with plenty of potter’s wheels for students to use. Master potters/teachers will guide students on how to use the wheel, give demonstrations, and also share knowledge about the history of their craft so participants can have a deeper understanding of what they are learning.
Pottery classes in Singapore are usually very interactive because full time potter and teachers will often guide participants during their training. Pottery is a very physical experience so don’t be surprised if you find yourself getting quite dirty with clay!
What Are The Benefits Of Taking Pottery Classes In Singapore?
There are many benefits of participating in a pottery class. Studies have shown that the brain can stay healthy and active well into old age if it is allowed to express itself artistically, and ceramic art is a good way to do so.
So take pottery classes in Singapore today! They are perfect for people who want to learn a new skill and also for those who just want to unleash their creativity!
What Types Of Pottery Techniques Are There?
There are many pottery techniques in Singapore. The most common ones are slipcasting, hand building and wheel throwing.
Wheel Throwing is the process of shaping clay into round forms on a potter’s wheel. It requires practice to perfect because it can be challenging to keep the clay moving smoothly around the wheel instead of sticking to it or wrinkling as it is formed.
Hand building is the process of making pottery without a potter’s wheel, and it is typically used for creating large forms such as vases and planters.
Slipcasting involves coating plaster molds with liquid clay and leaving them to dry. After they have dried, the clay-soaked plaster mold is baked in a kiln to fully harden. Once they are hardened, the plaster pieces are placed on top of a layer of house glazes and fired once more.
What Is The Best Way To Learn Pottery Techniques?
The best way to learn pottery techniques is by participating in a pottery class where you will usually be taught separately about pottery basics. Some pottery studios offer advanced classes as well if you’re looking to up your pottery making game.
Other Useful Articles
If you are looking for other useful guides and articles about pottery classes in Singapore, check them out below: